Omnicom Media Group: Online privacy notice
Last updated: June, 2018We at Omnicom Media Group Holdings Inc. ("OMG"), respect your concerns about privacy. This Online Privacy Notice applies solely to information we obtain through the website on which a link to this Online Privacy Notice appears (“Site”). This Online Privacy Notice describes the types of information we obtain through the Site, how we may use the information, with whom we may share it and the choices you may have regarding our use of the information. We also describe the measures we take to safeguard the information and tell you how to contact us about your information and our privacy practices. OMG consists of a network of affiliates, including but not limited to Accuen, Hearts & Science, OMD, PHD, Outdoor Media Group, Optimum Sports/Fuse, Content Collective, Pathway and Resolution Media. This Online Privacy Notice only applies to the affiliates on whose website this Online Privacy Notice appears. For the privacy practices of our affiliates, you should visit their websites to review their own privacy notices. Click on one of the links below to jump to the listed section:
INFORMATION WE OBTAINWe may obtain the following types of personal information when you choose to provide it through our Site:
- Contact information, such as your name, postal address, email address and telephone number;
- Site information - personal information you provide on or through our Site; and
- Biographical information – such as information about your education, work and military history, legal work eligibility status, and other information relevant to specific jobs for which you may apply.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE OBTAINWe use the information we obtain through the Site to:
- respond to and communicate with you about your requests, questions and comments;
- operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; managing our communications; determining the effectiveness of our sales, marketing and advertising; analyzing and enhancing our products, services and Site; and performing accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation and collection activities);
- perform data analyses and other processing (including market and consumer research and trend analysis);
- protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities; and
- comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies.
YOUR OPTIONSWe offer you certain choices about how we communicate with you and what information we collect from you. To update your preferences, ask us to remove your information from our mailing lists or submit a request, please contact us as indicated in the How To Contact Us section of this Online Privacy Notice.
DATA SECURITYWe have put in place reasonable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect; however, due to the inherent open nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that all information will be free from unauthorized access by third parties, such as hackers, and your use of the Site demonstrates your assumption of this risk.
DATA RETENTIONWe will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, including for satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements or to comply with our data retention practices. If you are located in the European Union with rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), the following additional sections apply: 1) Grounds for Using Your Personal Information: we rely on the following legal basis to process your personal information:
- It may be necessary for us to use and disclose your personal information for the performance and fulfillment of the contract between us and to provide you with our services;
- We may use and disclose your personal information where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interest and fundamental rights do not override those interests;
- If you specifically consent to certain uses of your personal information, we may use your personal information in a manner consistent with that consent; and
- We will also process, transfer, disclose and preserve personal information when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary.
- Right to access – This right allows individuals to obtain confirmation that his or her personal information is being process and allows individuals to request details of the processing of his or her personal information, including, without limitation, categories of recipients to whom the personal information have been or will be disclosed and purposes of processing.
- Right to rectify – This right allows individuals to rectify any inaccurate personal information about him or her.
- Right to restrict processing – This right allows individuals to block or suppress processing of personal information under certain circumstances.
- Right to be forgotten – This right is also known as the “right to erasure.” It is an individual’s right to have personal information erased or to prevent processing in specific circumstances.
- Right of data portability – This right allows individuals to move, copy or transfer personal information from one place to another in a secure manner without interrupting the integrity and usability of the information.
- Right to object to processing – This right allows individuals to object to certain types of processing, including direct marketing, profiling and providing for purposes of scientific or historical research and statistics.